Friday, June 11, 2021

Your Thoughts

 Your thoughts are not orders. Merely suggestions. You have the power to choose which option to follow. ~ James Clear

When did you last stand up to your thoughts?
Do you treat them like orders?
Can you sort out ideas, procrastination,
habitual reactions? Are you angered
to hear a suggestion from someone
who’s indifference to interrupting you
is what you really want to express?
Do you feel obligated to act on his whims
rather that your own? If he lives
as Daddy once ordered, “When I say jump
your only reaction should be, ‘how high?'”
Can you respond with Henley,
It matters not how strait the gate,
How charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate,
I am the captain of my soul.
Your thoughts are not orders. Merely suggestions.
Others’ thoughts are not orders.
Merely suggestions.
You have the power to choose which option to follow.
You have the power to choose how much power to yield.


No comments:

Post a Comment