Thursday, June 24, 2021

Good Enough Now

 

We will never be good enough until we change the messages and tell ourselves we are good enough now. ~Beattie, Melody.The Language of Letting Go: Hazelden Meditation Series (p. 175). Hazelden Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Do you expect perfection in ourselves
even while giving everyone else we know
the benefit of the doubt? I do.
I’m often disappointed in where I am,
in what I’ve accomplished, whether looking at a moment
or assessing the contributions of my life.
We can examine our day, recognize
what we could have done better
but accept what we’ve done
even while resolving to do better.
James Clear in Atomic Habits
argues convincingly,
“What starts as a small win
or a minor setback
accumulates into something much more.”
He calculates, 1% better every day for one year.
(1.01365 = 37.78) means you’re almost 38 times better
at year’s end.
We’re Good Enough Now!



No comments:

Post a Comment