Monday, June 14, 2021

Five Minutes

 

Today I will take five minutes to think about how I can help my recovery by trusting myself and other people. ~ Anonymous. Today I Will Do One Thing: Daily Readings For Awareness and Hope (Hazelden Meditations) (Kindle Locations 2349-2350).

Do I trust myself? Who do I trust?
I trust myself more this evening than I did
yesterday morning. For I spent hours
sorting piles and stacks and bundles
of trash with a few useful gems…like a car title…
to make the effort meaningful. I went to an office
where I assumed I could resolve a five-year-old problem
I’ve studiously avoided facing for a month.
It was a useless trip, but I wasn’t only wishing it gone.
I have shown myself worthy of trust and can give it to myself
more readily today. I trust I will see it done tomorrow,
at least my part, so I will be trustworthy tomorrow.
And who do I trust…and is it contingent as it is for me?
I trust the people I’ve dealt with today, believe
while maybe I needed more of some but did not ask.
I trust the Recovery people with whomI will begin the tomorrow,
believe they will say what I need to hear. I trust me
to hear what I need. Most of all, I trust my God
to lead me as I need…if I allow it.

Image Copyright : Alena Saklakova



No comments:

Post a Comment