Tuesday, June 29, 2021

"Just Fine"

 

Fine, meaning  “F***ed-up. Insecure. Neurotic, Emotional.” Recovery Definition

I’ve been harassed for answering, “Just Fine”
for more than seventy years.
I was told for many years of being hospitalized
for pneumonia with a high fever at age three
and answering so. My husband asked how I was
this morning and declared my answer, “Okay”
didn’t mean a thing. My sponsor replies,
“What does that mean?”when I answer so.
I really am just fine, but sometimes
the Recovery definition fits quite well.
But for today in answer to the question,
“How are you?” the true response is,
I’m a compulsive overeater in Recovery
and I’m trusting my Higher Power
to make the truth I’m making the appropriate choices
and moving in the right direction.




No comments:

Post a Comment