Thursday, June 3, 2021

Letting Go of Hanging on

 

This overwhelming sense of fear shadowed me throughout the first three decades of my life. Until I was introduced to the concept that I had a Higher Power who traveled with me and who always “picked me” as worthy, I fought the urge to hang on to whoever wandered close by . Hanging on to others , in the way I did , suffocated many potential friendships . I really never believed it was possible to be free of the fear that crippled me. But I am. No longer do I look to others for my self-worth. No longer am I afraid. Period. What changed ? I developed the willingness to believe that life gives us the journey we were meant to have and that we aren’t alone on this trip. And this willingness is available to all of us. ~ Casey, Karen. Let Go Now (p. 50). Mango Media. Kindle Edition.

I’ve often claimed the truth that
“Procrastination is chronic low-intensity fear,”
all the while knowing my life
was characterized by that fear
and its result. While I’ve been freed
of neither procrastination or fear,
I have reached the point I can confirm
with Casey, “I developed the willingness
to believe that life gives us the journey
we were meant to have
and that we aren’t alone on this trip.
And this willingness is available to all of us.”
Are you ready to let go of hanging on?
Let’s give it a try!

from:https://www.youthareawesome.com



No comments:

Post a Comment