Sunday, May 15, 2016

It's Not

...that's what your moments are about. They're not about justifying your existence. It's justified. You exist. It's not about proving your worthiness. It's done. You're worthy. It's not about achieving success. You never get it done. ~ Abraham
Acceptance of who you are,
of what you are, of your right
to be you. Who would think
that could be an issue?
My guess is everybody, all of us...
or at least all who need Recovery.
Those of us who spent our lives
believing ourselves lower than a few.
better than the multitudes.
yet all alone, isolated, solitary.
But two truths can bring us peace.
What I think of anybody else
is none of my business.
What others think of me
is none of my business.
Only then can we grasp
our right to exist, our having worth,
the fact it's okay to be me.
And then we can begin to grow,
to become who we want to me,
who we long to be, and know the truth
that we can be free.
MichiganSwing

No comments:

Post a Comment