Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Exiled from Me

Without a healthy inner life, one is exiled to trying to find fulfillment on the outside. This is co-dependence, and it is a symptom of a wounded inner child. ~ John Bradshaw. Homecoming: Reclaiming and Healing Your Inner Child
What should I do? I asked him.
What do you want to do? he answered.
You've spent your life pleasing others
and it's time to take care of yourself.And the answer, of course, is I don't know.I've spent those years exiled from myself,
doing what you/he/she/it/they wanted me to.
I won't change people I hire to serve me
because it might offend them. Even when I know
I'd rather try someone else. I join and I'm a lifer
because what would you think if I left?
Honesty, openness, awareness of who I am,
what my patterns are, step work on how it came to be
that I need to stop being exiled
from me.
barbara-doll

No comments:

Post a Comment