Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Wanted: A God I Understand

Position available immediately.
God wanted, a challenging position
available only to exactly the right deity.
Must understand I have more to do
that be at the beck and call
of an impatient god. Close supervision
is not desired. An understanding spirit,
one who would eschew pulling me away
from other pursuits. An intelligent being,
worthy of respect, one who knows how much
I bring to the equation, one who respects me.
One who recognizes my leadership potential.
Not a micromanager, but a giver of advice,
an avatar to turn to for analysis, for strategizing. 
Come to think of it: Wanted, a figurehead
I can claim to believe in, one I can point to
but one that leaves me alone on my own,
merely telling me I make a convincing
divinity. I'll hold on to this need
until my desperation allows my real search
for a Power Greater than I.
WantAds

No comments:

Post a Comment