Sunday, April 24, 2016

Until It's Not

It's all about the food until it isn't about the food and the way to get away from it being about the food is to work the spiritual principles of the program. ~ Margie
The spiritual principles
of Overeaters Anonymous.
Step One is honesty,
stopping denying what I eat,
ending the pretense
it's under control.
Step Two is hope,
knowing when I'm hopeless
that something greater
has the power, the hope.
Step Three is faith,
believing that power
if given the chance
could make it so,
could keep it from being
all about the food.
Step Four is courage,
facing the farce,
accepting the facts.
Step Five is integrity,
finally admitting the dirt
I've tried all my life to deny.
Step Six is willingness,
stepping beyond knowledge
to actually moving the right way.
Step Seven is humility
because by now I'm certain
I haven't it in me, could never do it.
Step Eight is self-discipline
for while I can't do the right
I can stop doing the wrong.
Step Nine is love which comes,
flows, emerges from confession,
from admitting wrongs.
Step Ten is perseverance,
dropping counting the days
to living them one at a time.
Step Eleven is spiritual awareness,
understanding that Power
can communicate, both hear
and direct.
Step Twelve is service,
for the way for it really not to be
all about the food is to help others see
if they persevere in the steps
it's only all about the food
until it's not all about the food.
DSC00302

No comments:

Post a Comment