Tuesday, April 5, 2016

How to Change a Relationship

All my relationships changed the day I started accepting people exactly as they are. ~ Voices of Recovery (Kindle Location 1126).
It was my job to change you
and I'd do it any way I could.
Passively aggressive, my favorite,
though followed closely
by co-dependency, trying,
ever trying, to do what I could
to make you love me, to see
my worthiness, my goodness,
by way for you to behave,
and failing, bouncing back
to being intrusive, controlling,
manipulative.
It was my job to change you
but finally I learned better, wiser.
I learned what you think of me
is none of my business.
What I think of you
is also none of my business.
You have the right to be you.
And when I accept that, we change.
I change, and you change,
and at long last
we can actually communicate!
arguing

No comments:

Post a Comment