Saturday, July 18, 2015

Traffic In My Head

When I'm in my car, the GPS system will alert me if there is upcoming traffic. The other day, Jack was in the car with me and such an alert came up. Jack's response,"Mommy, why did it say there's traffic in your head?" ~ Dezi Rollins
Traffic in my head. Some people
call it a committee, but not me.
It's a traffic jam. Impatient folks honk,
I get in the wrong lane, can't turn,
circle the block but then one way
and crooked streets...besides,
I stay lost almost all the time.
My GPS has my personality
and gets lost with me, spends hours
chanting, "recalculating, recalculating..."
What I would do, I do not,
what I would not do, that I finish
with finesse. I can't do it on my own,
can't get where I want to go.
I need an authority to stand in the street,
nod at me when I can't decide,
motion which choice I can make,
stop the turmoil around me,
bring me some peace.
There's an angry mob in my head,
not a committee. There's chaos all around
until a Power brings the serenity
I cannot imagine from inside the fray.
Why is there traffic in your head?
Why is there traffic in your head?

No comments:

Post a Comment