Saturday, September 14, 2019

Get Real

Even during the years of my active addiction, with the lying and bragging, it was not all that uncommon for someone to tell me to get real (not a bad working definition for humility, I think). After I started in recovery, my sponsor was fond of pointing out that my way was what landed me in so much difficulty—maybe it was time to look for another way. ~  P., Bill; W., Todd; S., Sara. Drop the Rock: Removing Character Defects – Steps Six and Seven (p. 60). Hazelden Publishing. Kindle Edition.
“it was not all that uncommon
for someone to tell me to get real
(not a bad working definition for humility,
I think).”
The Urban dictionary declares
when someone says, “get real”
they want you to do a reality check,
to stop behaving like you live
in a fantasy world.
Did we not get to
the Rooms of Recovery
after a long sojourn
through Fantasyland?
Do you need to get real?
Is the path toward real
not one leading directly through
a garden named Humility?
image Copyright : Thomas Reimer


No comments:

Post a Comment