Thursday, September 5, 2019

Dignity

What is dignity without honesty? Cicero
…. Dignity is a quality achieved by freeing myself of arrogance and self-importance. When I present myself to the world as I really am, I attain an effortless dignity. ~ Anonymous, Overeaters. For Today (Kindle Locations 2399-2403). Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
We would choose to be seen as having dignity.
I would choose to be seen as having dignity.
I grew up believing I lacked dignity
for I failed to “sit like a lady,”
to spell well, to use my inside voice,
to put my things up.
My clothes were labeled “chubbie.”
My shoes wore out faster than my sisters’.
I would choose to be seen as having dignity.
Dignity is a quality achieved
by freeing myself of arrogance
and self-importance.
When I present myself to the world
as I really am,
I attain an effortless dignity.
What is dignity without honesty?

No comments:

Post a Comment