Sunday, September 15, 2019

Forgiveness

For my own peace of mind, I need to forgive even the most damaging transgressions; but forgiveness of others can only come when I have learned to forgive myself. ~ Anonymous, Overeaters. For Today (Kindle Locations 2481-2483). Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.. Kindle Edition.
Who is harder to forgive.
the latest sensational killer
or yourself? How many of us
have dwelt in self-loathing so long
it comes close to a tossup?
We need to love all
while understanding
the need to bear the consequences
of unacceptable past actions.
With all, we must decide
if being peaceful appeals to us more
than being right.
We can claim our peace instantly
by bringing to our minds the thought of God.
That way we can truly love
our fellow human beings.
For my own peace of mind,
I need to forgive
even the most damaging
transgressions and the people involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment