Monday, December 31, 2018

Resolved

To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing. ~ Mark Twain
I make no New Years Resolutions,
though that was not always true.
Many times I promised,
not only at the beginning of a year
but of a semester, a month, a week, a day…
and almost without exception
that to which I committed
never came to pass.
You see there was a truth
I couldn’t set aside…
I was powerless over food
and my whole life
was unmanageable.
I remain powerless over food
and left to my own resources
my life is even more unmanageable
than ever. But I resolve one day at a time
to abstain from compulsive eating
and to avoid my trigger foods.
And as long as I also every day
surrender my life and my will
to my Higher Power who
I choose to call God,
I live in serenity and peace
with my life on the perfect path for me.
I resolve to hold to a life that works!
Copyright : orkidia

No comments:

Post a Comment