Saturday, December 29, 2018

It Takes as Long as It Takes

But there is no timetable or calendar in recovery. It is not a race, a game of winners and losers, or a timed event. Recovery takes as long as it needs to take. ~ Dean, Amy E. Morning Light: A Book of Meditations to Begin Your Day.Hazelden Publishing. Kindle Edition.

Disappointed about not approaching
a level or levels you expected to master
this year? Did your task list fail to have checked
the projects you planned? Personally speaking,
yes, and yes. But I knew it was coming
a month ago. I hate to have missed
the deadline I set, but it doesn’t mean
because the plan fell apart that I’m a failure,
that I’m inadequate. I am in Recovery
which means I am changing, improving.
And as long as I keep on the path
moving where I’m directed to go,
all is well. Recovery takes 
as long as it needs to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment