Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Fear Not

So do not fear, for I am with you;
    do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
    I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10 New International Version (NIV)
A conscious presence of our Higher Power
is the heart of Step 11:
"Sought through prayer
and meditation to improve
our conscious contact with God
as we understood Him,
praying only for knowledge
of His will for us
and the power to carry that out."
We have a need for constant awareness
for there to be constant contact.
What is your most common emotion?
Mine is fear and my guess is it's yours as well.
As the Big Book says (not THAT Big Book
but Alcoholics Anonymous) says, "This short word
somehow touches about every aspect of our lives."
The Big Big Book, the Bible, addresses
this short word that looms so large
in our lives is ancient and ubiquitous.
HP knows the answer. Remember...
say aloud if you're alone, "God is with me
and has control. He's making me strong enough
and holding my hand...holding me up
if that's what I need. What do I need to fear?
He's got me!








No comments:

Post a Comment