Friday, December 14, 2018

Glimpses of Truth

Open my eyes, that I may see
Glimpses of truth Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands the wonderful key
That shall unclasp and set me free.
Clara H. Scott

Raised in the church, I received
an advanced degree in Christian education,
have been church staff in three congregations,
have written curriculum for Baptists
and Methodists, have taught church school
for decades, and church school teachers
at all levels. I took Greek as an elective,
know the Bible and church history...
but the truth moved from my head to my heart
at long last when I walked into
the rooms of Recovery.
I knew the hymns my memory
for most of the verses but this one,
at long last grabbed me when I read it today
in a Recovery meditation.
My eyes have been opened
in these rooms and the key
found in Twelve Steps has unclasped me
and set me free.

No comments:

Post a Comment