Sunday, December 18, 2022

Loving Raisin Cakes

The Lord said to me, “Go, show your love to your wife again, though she is loved by another man and is an adulteress. Love her as the Lord loves the Israelites, though they turn to other gods and love the sacred raisin cakes.” ~ Hosea 3:1 (NIV) Do you love sacred raisin cakes? I don’t think I’ve tried them but would, probably! Asked about favorite Christmas memories yesterday I told of Grandmom’s saying her prune cake icing ran out the door, of which I once wrote, “Grandmom’s backyard was supposedly paved with this icing that had run out the door, but I never managed to find any edible samples. Sigh.” A dietitian asked today about food preferences and I didn’t ask for raisins or cakes. God still loves me whether I eat raisin cakes or prune cakes, whether I make good choices or poor in my contact with God!

No comments:

Post a Comment