Tuesday, December 13, 2022

An Apt Metaphor

Light is an apt metaphor for God’s revealing power: God’s word. God’s word comes from outside of us and floods our lives like light. ~ Room, The Upper. The Upper Room Disciplines 2022: A Book of Daily Devotions (p. 594). Upper Room Books. Kindle Edition.
It's too late to put out the trash when the sun sets before it's supposed to! A year ago today I fell and broke my hip putting out the trash and was gratified when strangers looking at Christmas lights came to my rescue and let familiar folks know I had a problem. This year I've been blessed to truly learn, "Light is an apt metaphor for God’s revealing power: God’s word. God’s word comes from outside of us and floods our lives like light." I've lived this year surrounded by light and love and willing helpers whether I've known them for years or met them as they hurried to get the door for me! Thanks be to God and his people!

No comments:

Post a Comment