Sunday, December 11, 2022

Great People

…we gravitate toward people who aren’t intent on behaving as if they are better than us, even when they have achieved great success. These individuals appreciate us for who we are, and in the process, we are inspired to see them as gracious, loving men and women. ~ Casey, Karen. Each Day a Renewed Beginning (p. 207). Mango Media. Kindle Edition. Have you met someone important? I have several times. One governor kissed my cheek expressing gratitude for my work in putting an event together then weeks later recognized me in a crowd and brought his wife forward to meet me. One senator sat beside me and fumed that a dessert wasn’t at his plate. Several of us offered ours but he felt it necessary to lambast the server assigned to our table. I remember how I felt and the contribution each made to those feelings. I want to appreciate individuals for who they are, and know in the process, we’ll all feel better among gracious, loving men and women. Image Copyright: fuzzbones

No comments:

Post a Comment