Sunday, January 16, 2022

Respecting Our True Selves

...holding on to ourselves involves maintaining a relationship with ourselves. It is not surprising that self-esteem also requires maintaining this relationship. To esteem something is to respect it. Self-esteem is another way of saying that we respect our true-selves. ~ Berger, Allen. 12 Smart Things to Do When the Booze and Drugs Are Gone: Choosing Emotional Sobriety through Self-Awareness and Right Action (Berger 12) (p. 167). Hazelden Publishing. Kindle Edition.
What is your relationship with yourself? And what is my relationship with myself? I look at this seventeen-day old year, aware I've got reasons for failure to  resume long-standing routines... good, solid reasons, to be sure but as I reuse past posts, I find myself relieved to be creating new material today based on readings encountered today. I do esteem (respect) myself, and I respect you, my readers. I commit to respect you and me and to grow in understanding as we move forward into this Anno Domini, the Year of Our Lord, two thousand twenty-two.

No comments:

Post a Comment