Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Changing Who?

When we do for other people what they should do for themselves, we both stay stuck…. Most of us came into the program because we wanted someone else to change! Now we’re learning that the only change we can be certain of is one we make in ourselves. ~ Casey, Karen. A Life of My Own: Meditations on Hope and Acceptance (Hazelden Meditations Book 1) . Hazelden Publishing. Kindle Edition.
What did you expect to change when you came into the Rooms of Recovery? Was there someone else you wanted to be different? Your mate? Your child? Your parents…at least one? Your boss, your sister, your chum? Or “merely” your bad habits, your addiction? Are you now learning the only change you can be certain of is one you make in yourself? God, I once would have said you needed to be different, but I was wrong about you… and everyone else. Here I am, God, ready to become who I need to be, ready to “allow” you to lead the way. Make it the truth, God, let it be that I allow you to mold me into who I need to be! Take me, mold me Use me, fill me, I give my life into Your hands Hold me, guide me Walk beside me I give my life to to Your control.

No comments:

Post a Comment