Monday, January 31, 2022

Feelings Follow Action

Thelma had taught me to “act as if.” She told me that I didn’t have to want it, like it, or believe it. “Just take the action,” she had urged, “and the feelings will follow.” ~ Overeaters Anonymous. Overeaters Anonymous, Third Edition (p. 33). Overeaters Anonymous, Inc.. Kindle Edition. The speaker was Rozanne, the founder of Overeaters Anonymous about her first sponsor, Thelma. Have you tried the advice to “act as if” even when you don’t want to? I can certainly identify with not wanting something nor liking it, or even believing it! When I decide on a course of action wisdom says will help me, though, may God make me willing to set aside my presumed wisdom and just do it! I can stand looking foolish and accept superior insight if I find it!

No comments:

Post a Comment