Saturday, January 8, 2022

God Is Here

I was one of those people who prayed regularly for God to remove the fat and allow me to continue overeating. I prayed for the day to be different, not understanding the concept that taking the first bite triggered the disease. I also ate secretly, making sure everyone was out of the house so that I could eat. ~ Overeaters Anonymous, Voices of Recovery, page 25. (with thanks to my Monday OA Clutch for inspiration) God hadn’t gone to bed when others had, nor could I avoid His presence eating “alone” in the car. It’s like He was standing around, arms crossed, waiting for my admission that I needed help. And the help He gave me was a book, Overeaters Anonymous, 2nd Edition. I read it, cover to cover, and knew I belonged. I committed to go…once Christmas was past! (You don’t start a diet in December!!) But Sunday morning, December 17th, I walked from a convenience store, cappuccino and sweet-roll in hand, got into the car and said aloud to God, “This is stupid!” I suddenly knew you did start a diet in December. I researched online, found a friend listed as a contact for OA and consider that Sunday my first day in OA. Sure enough, God didn’t go to bed, nor could I avoid His presence “alone.” Before I got to a meeting, I had fallen on Christmas Eve, flown to London on the 27th, and contacted worldwide friends from internet cafes every chance I got, and been the only one at a meeting one snowy morning! God’s been with me, guiding me, ever since…more than thirteen years!

No comments:

Post a Comment