Wednesday, April 14, 2021

To Seek Is to Find

 

The first step I took when I admitted to myself for the first time that all my previous thinking might be wrong. The second step came when I first consciously wished to believe. As a result of this experience I am convinced that to seek is to find, to ask is to be given. ~  Story: “Educated Agnostic” The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous, Second Edition, Kindle Edition.

Wasted thinking. All the analysis
that had gone before, detailed,
systematical, meticulous, orderly,
ordinal, encyclopedic, satisfactory,
acceptical, non-refutable…
I admitted to myself
for the first time
that all my previous thinking
might be wrong.
Then, that knocked down,
I first consciously wished to believe.
At that point I was willing
to become convinced
that to seek is to find,
to ask is to be given.
Once the debris of our own analysis
has been dismissed and laid aside,
at long last we can stop ruling the universe,
and accept the marvelous truth
awaiting our openness,
our readiness to accept
the abundance, the copious gift
that has always been ours for the taking.



No comments:

Post a Comment