Friday, April 9, 2021

Is God Ignoring Me?

 

Lord, what cause can I have of complaint, if Thou forsake me? Or what can I justly allege, if Thou refuse to hear my petition? Of a truth, this I may truly think and say, Lord, I am nothing, I have nothing that is good of myself, but I fall short in all things, and ever tend unto nothing. And unless I am helped by Thee and inwardly supported, I become altogether lukewarm and reckless. ~ Kempis, Thomas à. The Imitation of Christ (Illustrated) (p. 154). LiberWriter.com. Kindle Edition.

Recovery makes us new people
but we’re created of old parts.
We may cling to the old
even aware there’s better for the accepting.
Sometimes, the old feelings creep back in.
The soul sickness is so familiar, so known,
so easy to slip into old patterns…
But we really do have a Higher Power,
ready and eager to gently lead us back from the brink
when we lose our way and find ourselves again
feeling altogether lukewarm and reckless!

No comments:

Post a Comment