Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Honesty, Spiritual Principle for Step One

 

When I saw that they were not acting in line with the truth of the gospel, I said to Cephas in front of them all, “You are a Jew, yet you live like a Gentile and not like a Jew. How is it, then, that you force Gentiles to follow Jewish customs?…”  ~ Galatians 2:14 (NIV)

 Above everything, we alcoholics must be rid of this selfishness.  We must, or it kills us! (Alcoholics Anonymous, page 62)

Hypocrite!
Pretender! Phony!
A sanctimonious sham!
Was Peter deceitful?
Are we all when we claim
to disown selfishness
but recruit for our own benefit?
Others may be – it’s not my concern.
What matters is my fraud,
writing such truths when mostly
they’re to tutor me,
to school me in my own deceits.
I hear myself share what I wish to be true,
what I strive to receive,
what I know awaits me
when at long last
I lay down my piety
and finally figure out
surrender.

Forgive me my hypocrisy, God.
Please give me true faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment