Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Most Important Factor

If I were asked what in my opinion was the most important factor in being successful in this program, besides following the Twelve Steps, I would say Honesty. And the most important person to be honest with is Yourself. ~ “Bum. Radio, and Rebellion,”  The Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. First and Second Editions, Kindle Edition.

Are you honest with yourself?
I’d like to say yes, of course!
The truth is, I skip over the lie,
don’t even nod toward it.
And I can put myself in danger.
When I haven’t had enough to eat,
and I’m the only person awake in the house,
the sensible choice is to eat more acceptable food,
but lying to myself, hunger sneaks in,
suggests the wrong options, and I listen to the lie.
So tonight I planned around it, are right food
at the right time and am going to bed
satisfied, dwelling in truth. 

Image Copyright : Rui Santos



No comments:

Post a Comment