Friday, April 16, 2021

Made of Braided Stardust

Nancy,  

According to astronomers, every atom in my body was forged in a star. I am made, they insist, of stardust. I am stardust braided into strands and streamers of information, proteins and DNA, double helixes of stardust. In every cell of my body there is a thread of stardust as long as my arm. ~ Chet Raymo

We are a part of a mighty whole.
In the beginning the world was without form and void
and the Spirit of God moved
upon the face of the waters.
And God said, Let there be and there was.
We are part of a master plan.
And it was and is good.
We were worth making as a universe.
We were worth making as matter.
We were worth making as spirit.
We are worthy.
We have value.
We matter.
You matter.
I matter.

Hubble telescope image, public domain



No comments:

Post a Comment