Saturday, April 24, 2021

Chase Perfection

 Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence. ~ Vince Lombardi

Perfection: the condition, state,
or quality of being free
or as free as possible
from all flaws or defects.
“Surely there is not a righteous man
on earth who does good
and never sins.” Ecclesiastes 7:20
“There is no fear in love,
but perfect love casts out fear.
For fear has to do with punishment,
and whoever fears
has not been perfected in love.” James 4:18
“You therefore must be perfect,
as your heavenly Father is perfect.” Matthew 5:48
“Not that I have already obtained this
or am already perfect,
but I press on to make it my own,
because Christ Jesus has made me his own.
Brothers, I do not consider
that I have made it my own.
But one thing I do:
forgetting what lies behind
and straining forward
to what lies ahead,
I press on toward the goal
for the prize of the upward call of God
in Christ Jesus.
Let those of us who are mature
think this way, and if in anything
you think otherwise,
God will reveal that also to you.”
Philippians 3:12-15
Maybe I can attain perfection.
I’ll try, and rejoice if I catch excellence!



No comments:

Post a Comment