Monday, January 18, 2016

Cheese

When many hundreds of people are able to say that the consciousness of the Presence of God is today the most important fact of their lives, they present a powerful reason why one should have faith. ~ Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition (Kindle Locations 897-898)
What is most important?
Myself? My spouse,
children, grandchildren,
relatives, friends?
My job, my service,
my making the world
a better place?
My home, my privacy,
my time apart, sanity,
security, comfort?
My hobbies, obsessions,
knowledge, interests?
My history, my ancestry,
my famous kindred?
My country, my state,
my city, my neighborhood?
The people I can help?
My interests, hobbies,
obsessions, avocation,
what interests me?
My addiction, my comfort source,
my foods, liquor, sex-play,
gambling, travel, shopping...
My will?
Cheese? Apple fritters,
Blizzards, sugar?
The Presence of God
in my life, a personal kinship
with a power great enough
to manage it all?
What's most important
in my life?
How do I change that
to who it should be?

No comments:

Post a Comment