Tuesday, September 1, 2015

I Do Believe It

...I had to get into the risky world of the unknown, the spiritual realm, where there are no guarantees. Scary? You’d better believe it. Rewarding? I do believe it. ~ Voices of Recovery (Kindle Locations 2785-2786)
I'm the kind who would hold onto my old clothes
until the new were broken in...for a few years.
If unsure of a place I will prop a door open
until I find another door open, maybe checking
all the way through to make sure I can get out.
Looking for another house? I won't sell the first
until we've closed on the second. Caution is me.
But caution won't let me get to recovery,
to the promises, to the life I want to live.
I have to give up. Realize I'm powerless.
Relinquish control to some Power I can't see.
If I pray by reminding myself I'm not running the show
and humbly silently say often each day “Thy will be done”
the only certainty is uncertainty. But still, it works.
Scary? You’d better believe it. Rewarding? I do believe it.
Tried and True
Tried and True

No comments:

Post a Comment