Sunday, February 3, 2013

What's there to Lose?

There is nothing to lose in seeking the God of my understanding except my false pride, my food obsession, my fat and all the life-destroying illusions that this illness breeds. ~ For Today (Kindle Locations 323-324)
What would I give up for recovery?
My loneliness, belief I had no friends.
My massive body, size 28 clothes,
chaffed thighs, broken furniture,
worn down sides of shoes.
My insecurity, relying on others
for thoughts, opinions, likes, dislikes,
plans for the day, the week, my life.
My misery, hating the trap I lived in
but unable to bring myself to spring it.
My insecurity, believing with three degrees
I couldn't support myself, my sons.
My mastery of the art of lying.
My rationalization, excuses, anger,
hatred, apathy, emptiness...
I don't have any of this collateral now
but I know where to find it
if I forget to cherish Recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment