Thursday, February 14, 2013

A Love Poem

It was plain to see that my wife was radiantly happy. All of the differences that we seemed to have been having, all of the tenseness, the worry, confusion, the hectic days and nights that my drinking had poured into our life together, vanished. There was peace. There was real love. There was kindness and consideration. There was everything that goes into the fabric of a happy normal existence together. ~ Alcoholics Anonymous (Kindle Locations 2782-2784)
I love you, my family...
my husband, my sons,
my daughters in love,
my grandsons, sisters,
and all. I wish heartily
that love had rung true
these long years past.
I regret the fear, the envy,
the resentment, the insanity
that drew me inside,
self-absorbed, unable to show
the love these long years past.
I love you, my family.
And I love my new family,
the recovery family,
who taught me to love me,
who showed me through
the barrier, the selfishness,
the fear. Who showed me how
to let the love I've always felt
grow and show and glow.

No comments:

Post a Comment