Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Trust

Our last three "kids" just loaded onto a trailer bound for New Mexico. My mare, Lisa, hasn't loaded in 3 years, but she just climbed right up there and stood quietly waiting for the next move. I remembered one of my friends saying that we take a horse, which is essentially a wild animal, and ask it to get in a little cage and it does because we ask it to and it trusts us. I'll bet God wishes I was as compliant as Lisa. I could learn a lot from that mare. ~ Mary Craig
God, take away my fears
and show me what
you would have me be.
Your will, not mine.
God is the director,
we're the players.
He's the principal,
we the agents.
He's the father
to us, the children.
I don't need to know the path,
the plan, the grand design.
I need only show up,
surrender again
and wait for my marching orders.
And peace comes when, compliant,
we do his will with trust
in love.


No comments:

Post a Comment