Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Proactive Procrastination

Tons of things to do today,
schedule stuffed full, big stuff,
important opportunities. And
late, to start out. I'll have to hurry,
don't have time to sit, read,
meditate – no time for God
this morning. I've read them all,
a day won't hurt.

No. I can't. I've got tons of things
to do today, schedule stuffed full,
big stuff, important. I can't begin
without the boost, without the calm
that comes from those few moments.



[Note: My poetry in November will be based on Robert Lee Brewer's Poem a Day challenge. The prompt today was:
And today just happens to be a Tuesday, which means two prompts! For those new to the PAD challenge, you can pick one of the two prompts or do both–if that’s how you roll...

  • Write a procrastination poem, or as I like to call it a “I’ll get to it tomorrow” poem. Or… 
  • Write a proactive poem, or the old “I’ll get to it today” poem."]

No comments:

Post a Comment