Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Paranormal Normal

I knew normal growing up.
Maybe I didn't feel normal
or know how to act normal,
but the rules were set and I knew
pretty much what they were but
just as surely I had no capacity 
to do that, be that. 
Then I found folks who read tarot
or runes, spoke of past lives, 
heat from spirits, read auras. 
Normal trembled, shuddered, swayed.
Like sorting out God from arcane pictures,
from childhood jury-rigging, 
from hardheaded stubbornness,
I found I could define my own,
make my normal. Sometimes,
in wrapping my head around truth,
I find a paranormal normal.
Always, though, the plethora
of soul mates I've found in rooms
of recovery, make a paranormal
cloud around me, a love between
strangers or old pals, making a normal
beyond my wildest dreams. How
paranormal is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment