Saturday, January 7, 2023

Going to the Source

Dear brothers and sisters, I want you to understand that the gospel message I preach is not based on mere human reasoning. I received my message from no human source, and no one taught me. Instead, I received it by direct revelation from Jesus Christ. ~ Galatians 1:11 (NLT) We used to amuse ourselves by cynically dissecting spiritual beliefs and practices when we might have observed that many spiritually-minded persons of all races, colors, and creeds were demonstrating a degree of stability, happiness and usefulness ≈(Alcoholics Anonymous, page 49)
Human reasoning. If I can't convince myself right now my own logic trumps all others, I look to wisdom of the elders, the sages, the erudite of ages. Tea leaves, ouija boards, crystal balls, divine revelation feel gullible, juvenile, naive. Before tossing bath water, though, I should check for babies.
Higher source, teach me to trust your higher wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment