Sunday, February 3, 2019

Let Them Be

Allowing others to be who they want to be is simply a seldom-tried activity. Making the decision to step away from the lives of others seems unnatural to most of us. Aren’t they here, by our side, because of the good we can do for them? ~ Casey , Karen. 52 Ways to Live the Course in Miracles: Cultivate a Simpler, Slower, More Love-Filled Life (Kindle Locations 641-643). Red Wheel Weiser. Kindle Edition.
I can tell you how to run your life…
not that I’ve done so well on mine,
but yours I can handle…
not that all the years I tried to dictate
I managed to give appropriate advice
despite earnest trying, but still…
But I laid down that role
and the soothsaying when I admitted
total failure in managing mine
and that I could choose no better for you
than I had in handling mine.
I’d be glad to tell you what works for me
for I believe the Twelve Steps
answer all our needs, but you decide
and I’ll help if you wish…
but I won’t decide your course
but I’ll love you and back you
in the life you choose for you.






No comments:

Post a Comment