Saturday, November 10, 2018

Give and Take

The other side of giving is taking....Giving needs taking to complete it. ~ Anonymous. Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families (Hazelden Meditation Series) (Kindle Locations 3138-3141). Hazelden Publishing.
When I adopt responsibility
for rescuing the world or one or two
or three thousand people in it
I create a top-heavy burden
that craters to the bottom,
inert, lethargic, useless.
I am not able to rescue the world
of anyone or ones.
But if I am rescued as I rescue,
if I receive as I give,
equilibrium is restored
and by rescuing I allow others
to rescue me so instead on a
worthless leaden hulk
I allow the creation of
equilibrium and reciprocal
functionality.

The other side of giving is taking....Giving needs taking to complete it. ~ Anonymous. Today's Gift: Daily Meditations for Families (Hazelden Meditation Series) (Kindle Locations 3138-3141). Hazelden Publishing.  When I adopt responsibility for rescuing the world or one or two or three thousand people in it I create a top-heavy burden that craters to the bottom, inert, lethargic, useless. I am not able to rescue the world of anyone or ones. But if I am rescued as I rescue, if I receive as I give, equilibrium is restored and by rescuing I allow others to rescue me so instead on a worthless leaden hulk I allow the creation of equilibrium and reciprocal functionality.

No comments:

Post a Comment