Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Don't Look at Me!

Fear that people would know the real me kept me from divulging the real me. Why risk rejection? The irony is that, in wanting to avoid rejection, I isolated myself, which put me in the same solitary, lonely position that rejection from other people would cause. ~ Overeaters Anonymous. Voices of Recovery (Kindle Locations 3543-3545). Overeaters Anonymous.
I recently heard two people I admire
identify as introverts. I have no idea
why it had never occurred to me
that's me!! I prefer to blend into background,
Funny, when the phase was bipolar analysis
I understood I was the leader type
with a strong bent to librarian-ish
or a performer talking to crowds
but not individuals or chatting.
I long believed people believed
I was their friend but that I had no friends.
I know how to be lonely
but the beauty of Recovery is I need not be.
I may still fear for you to look at me, to know me,
but I don't have to be alone. I do have friends,
and I like for them to know me!


No comments:

Post a Comment