Saturday, September 30, 2017

Life in Between

The turning point came at age 27 when my sister Twelve Stepped me into OA. I had witnessed her life of hopeless eating. Within days of starting in OA, she had a sponsor and a plan of eating. I watched her change before my eyes into a loving person who had life between meals. ~ Overeaters Anonymous, Third Edition (Kindle Locations 604-606).
You can hide your nature from co-workers,
from acquaintances, from people with whom
you socialize. But family members, close friends,
your inner circle knows you, sees you, understands
sometimes better than you do, your nature, your habits,
your foibles. We can sometimes hide from ourselves,
but they see us. What an accomplishment, for a sister to say,
"I had witnessed her life of hopeless eating.
Within days of starting in OA,
she had a sponsor and a plan of eating.
I watched her change before my eyes
into a loving person who had life between meals."
We are the message. I pray that I may be the message,
I don't need to live for food. I eat but meals aren't life.
That's the meaningful things I do between the meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment