Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Recycling

Recycling...it's not relapse but recycling, feels like the same place but it's on a higher plane. ~ Anne B
Paul said, "What I would do,
I don't; what I don't want to do,
I do." Don't I know the feeling!
Like a game of Mother May I,
I follow the rules, move forward,
then get cocky and don't...
just once, just when I have the chance
to take several long steps. But it's back
to the beginning, starting over.
But not quite. I'm better at the rules,
listen, know the tricks. It may feel
the same as all the way to the beginning,
but it's not. I still need to move ahead,
to learn to do it, to quit presuming I can
if I just behave, just have the willpower.
I've learned about who I am, what I can do
and even when I have to learn again
the path is familiar, I know the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment