Saturday, March 19, 2022

Grant Them What I Want

Sponsors tell us to pray for those we resent, pray that they too will receive all the blessings we hope to receive in our lives. That seems impossible before we try it. But once we do, we feel miraculously uplifted. ~ Casey, Karen. A Life of My Own: Meditations on Hope and Acceptance (Hazelden Meditations Book 1) . Hazelden Publishing. Kindle Edition.
In large part the week has been miserable. I've earnestly resented people around me. I've been yelled at and have handed it back. I recognize this process set out in a story in the Bog Book of Alcoholics Anonymous. I've used it before, praying that they  receive all the blessings I hope to receive in my life. But once done, it's not finished. Resentments return, and the prayers must as well. God, I pray for those I resent, I pray that they receive blessings I hope to receive in my life. Give me the wisdom to  start with prayer and never reach the screeching! 

No comments:

Post a Comment