Friday, March 25, 2022

By Guess and By Gosh

It's how I cook, it's who I am. Too much like Grandmom to repeat the steps. Grandmom cookies, The prune cake every Christmas "The icing ran out the door," she'd say every Christmas. We sisters always looked but found no icing on the porch. She would eat the hottest peppers, didn't understand how Grandpop could drink that Coca Cola that burned all the way down! Doctor Brooks asked when she would reduce. She poked him in the stomach, told him, "When you do!" She stayed ready for a Depression, with sugar and flour for the duration stored in the hall closet. It's how I cook, it's who I am. Too much like Grandmom to repeat the steps. But I don't want to poke doctors in the ribs when they comment on my size. I've found other Steps I can follow to health and serenity!

No comments:

Post a Comment