Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Three Parts of Me

We who once suffered from complete powerlessness to control our eating and our lives have now discovered the saving strength of a Power greater than ourselves. We have experienced the miracle of physical, emotional, and spiritual healing, just as we were promised when we began working these Steps. ~ Overeaters Anonymous. The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions of Overeaters Anonymous, Second Edition. Overeaters Anonymous, Inc. Kindle Edition.
The miracle of healing:
physical, emotional, and spiritual —
has always been mine.
Yet as long as I acted as if
my Higher Power, my God
as I choose to call Him,
was responsible only for the spiritual,
as long as I figured physical
and emotional were up to me,
I was confident of salvation,
of the Fatherhood of God,
eternity would eventually come,
but my separating out
the physical, which was catastrophic,
embarrassing, a fat pudgy mess…
that God couldn’t possibly claim,
and must have abandoned
to my ineptitude,
as well as the emotional…
in that I hated me,
could imagine nobody, nothing,
accepting or claiming
certainly not transforming
into something useful,
lovable, commendable…
until finally I discovered
the saving strength
of a Power greater than myself.
So now I have experienced
the miracle of physical,
emotional, and spiritual healing,
just as the folks in OA promised when I came into the circle of love and began working the marvelous Steps!

No comments:

Post a Comment