Thursday, October 7, 2021

Blessings

SOURCE OF ALL BLESSINGS, you bless us with breath. In and out, in and out, ever renewing us, ever anew making us one with all who breathe the same air, may this blessing overflow into a shared gratefulness, so that with one breath I may praise and celebrate life. ~ Steindl-Rast, David. 99 Blessings (p. 2). The Crown Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.
A book called 99 blessings.
A song…several actually about counting blessings.
How can you count your blessings?
A website suggests:
Here are some simple steps to practice.
Do everything with your full attention. …
Enjoy simple pleasures. …
Make time for other people. …
Count your blessings. …
Cultivate your dreams, but don’t let them breed discontent. …
Don’t wish your time away. …
Quit the ‘I’ll be happy whens.’ But what are My blessings?
I’m blessed with all the things I need,
the ability to share as I choose to.
I’m blessed that men making decisions
believed I was worthy of a generous salary
that led to generous retirement income,
that I can pay for what needs done,
that a woman my age cleans my house
and does things I can’t. I’m blessed
with sons, grandsons and friends
ready and willing to help me.
And today I was blessed with needing
to launder linens and mattress pad
and remake the bed and that
I could prove to myself and my husband,
the dogs, and you that I can still
do a physical task when needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment