Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Thank God for You

I thank my God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now, being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. ~ Phillipians 1:3-6 NIV, Holy Bible, eBook (p. 1140). Zondervan. Kindle Edition.
I am certain that my family kept me from gravitating to flophouses and gutters. I am eternally thankful to them that they never threw me out or refused me help when I was drinking. ~ World Service, Alcoholics Anonymous. The Big Book and A Study Guide of the 12 Steps . Anonymous Publishing. Kindle Edition.
As I sit home isolating, respecting social distancing,
I cannot possibly know Paul’s feelings,
remembering people as he sat in a prison cell.
I set out a plan to reach beyond the walls regularly
and for two days since committing to it, I have.
I am grateful to so many people who have helped me
to reach the maturity both in years and in understanding.
There is true joy for the people who have shared my journey.
None of us can accomplish what we want to,
but it’s not up to us. We do out part, actively
or in retrospect, sharing what we’ve learned.
The mantle will be taken up as we pass it.
In all my prayers for all of you,
I always pray with joy because of your partnership
in the gospel from the first day until now,
being confident of this,
that he who began a good work in you
will carry it on to completion
until the day of Christ Jesus. 
God, thank you for those who read these words.
May You guide each of us in these tumultuous times
and may You find us willing to do all that we can
to carry this on to completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment