Thursday, August 13, 2020

Fear

Fear develops from our incessant comparisons with others. We think everyone else is better than we are, “has it more together” than we do….
The solution for this and every instance of disharmony in our lives is the same. Seek to know better the God of our understanding, and do only what he/she would have us do. Remember that we are loved unconditionally, never judged, and we can pass on that which has been so freely given to us. ~ Casey, Karen. Change Your Mind and Your Life Will Follow. Red Wheel Weiser. Kindle Edition.
I was reading today from the Big Red Book,
Adult Children of Alcoholics/Dysfunctional Families
and while the title has nothing too do with me,
I recognized myself in never getting dishes clean enough
when washing, dry enough when drying, or put up right.
Sewing a seam never cut the mustard, and plenty often
I pulled stitches from the zipper I’d attempted.
Mother packed my camp clothes so I’d not clash.
Ironing lacked crispness, clutter abounded… I knew the feeling
of not living up to expectations. Everybody
had it more together than I did. Everybody else
can call the names of famous people,
for people they’ve worked around for years.
Everybody has it more together than I do.
So is it really true if I seek to know better
the God of our understanding, and do only
what He would have me do… If I remember
I am loved unconditionally, never judged,
and I and the people I’m around
can finally believe I/we have it all!!!!
Add caption

No comments:

Post a Comment